Sunday, May 13, 2012

Quiz make up.

I chose to learn more about the artist Ai Weiwei. I found him to be appealing because
from a young age, Ai was surrounded by art. Ai grew up knowing the power of art and how real art is viewed differently by each person. By growing up with a father as a poet, Ai was more conscious of the creative world around him. His modest personality makes his art work that much more capturing, and made me more curious about his work. Ai came from a background that gave him the potential to become the unique and bright artist he is today.
        One of my favorite pieces by Ai Weiwei is the descending light fixture. I find it to
be intriguing because his main focus he puts into his art is to make the viewer have an open mind and learn something, as well as appreciate the work artists put into their work. He uses “useless objects” to form art into something appealing, and mind capturing. What I like most about this piece is that because of its odd shape, and lack of purpose, there are numerous ways to view its deeper meaning.
        There wasn’t a piece from this artist that I didn’t like, however I did find another
piece of art I came across and found interesting. Ai Weiwei sculpted and painted numerous vases, in no certain order with various different colors. After viewing the work, the artist once again expresses that although the art may come across as useless, the amount of time and effort put into the piece is what can be admired about it. What I like most about Ai is that he has an open mind, and all his pieces vary from one another. Yet, he continues to communicate the same message throughout his work.
        I believe that Ai’s main point in his art is to communicate to all people around the
world that the idea of art is to understand its background, and to have an open mind. I also feel that Ai Weiwei is a unique artist, and is an importance to the art industry in the sense that he stays true to his beliefs, and can comfortably express himself through his work. Viewing Ai Weiwei’s art will always be a learning and eye opening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment