Sunday, May 13, 2012

Quiz Make Up.


John Baldessari in “systems”  was born in National City, California, in 1931.

            The artist presented the pieces “Three Red Paintings” 1988 I liked this particular painting the most because of the way he used three paintings instead of one. The coloring in the paintings are very nice and what left me questing myself was why he would cover the peoples faces with a color such as blue, yellow, or green.  What I disliked a little not too much was the covered faces but at the same time he leaves the audience thinking about what he actually wants to present to them. From the painting I think that his trying to tell a story of a young lady who met a guy and was trying to make a relationship but I might be wrong art is so hard to analyze. The work reminds me of a little of how mysterious life can be and how people can tell a story with a just a simple painting. "Portrait: (Self) #1 as Control + 11 Alterations," this portrait of John shows of how different he can present him self to anyone and maybe the different types of personality’s he has. This can be one of his good work just showing people how can transformer to entertain people. What I disliked was that he could have used some self-paintings in it and some digital something most people don’t do instead of photos. But I’m not an artist so I couldn’t say my opinion on it. The work reminds me of the mona lisa I really couldn’t tell you why but it just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment