Saturday, May 26, 2012

“Chelsea Galleries Reaction”

                                                     WELCOME TO MY GALLERIA.

                                                  BY: CHRIS


Yan Pei-Ming I admire his artwork, its full of life and the colors amaze me this kind of work I would never look away from. The thing that I like about his work the most was how much detail he puts into the artwork to give great meaning to the piece. I believe that Yan Pei-Ming work should be bought he has a very creative way in presenting his work with the colors he picks out from it to the way he incorporates the message in them. Plain and simple his work should be a BUY! His type of artwork should be displayed forever because the way he draws is amazing and everyone should be inspired by art, especially his. You may ask why would I show this painting first titled Execution Apres Goya, Well first of all this painting shows what small town villagers have to go through with all the war around them and they can't do anything but just watch the ones they love get killed for their resources.
This one right here Titled Moonlight, had me thinking about how dark and bad the sea can be for sailors trying to just make a leaving by catching fish. But the way the color was presented in black and gray and just how he created the water of those two basic colors are very interesting. Also the way the crew can be seen on the ship and another ship behind the main one following. This two paintings by far will be presented in my galleria on just a plain white or red wall just so that the people can focus one the paintings details. 


 Cindy Sherman An artist who's work I really don't admire at all mainly because their all self portraits of herself posing as other people. Her work wouldn't be good for investment to me because I really don't see anything in it to me it looks like she copies and pastes herself on the artwork. I would deffently keep  her paintings in  storage due to the fact that i personally think they're not that good.

This Piece right here i wouldn't use in my galleria because I really don't see no creativity.











Same as this one I really didn't like it because it looks like a photoshoped image.










Yan Pei-Ming
Exécution, Après Goya, 2008
Oil on canvas
110 1/4 x 157 3/4 inches (280 x 400.7 cm)
PEIYA0076

Yan Pei-Ming
Moonlight, 2011
Oil on canvas
110 1/4 x 157 1/2 inches (280 x 400 cm)
PEIYA0116

Cindy Sherman 
  Untitled, 2010/2011. Color photograph, 68 x 96 3/8 inches (image size); 172.7 x 244.8 cm. (MP# 513)

Cindy Sherman
 Untitled, 2010/2012. Color photograph, 71 x 118 1/4 inches (image size); 180.3 x 300.4 cm. (MP# 545)

No comments:

Post a Comment